We know that this is a stressful time for everyone and that you are also concerned about continuing care for your companion animals. Janssen Veterinary Clinic is committed to doing as much as we can for as long as we can. Although conditions are changing every day, at present we are able to provide care. This ability to provide care is contingent upon the health status of our veterinarians and staff.
In order to help us to stay healthy and be able to provide services, please note our updated protocols effective immediately.
- Farm appointments – Please limit the people present at any appointment to a maximum of 1 person. Other people should not be in the examination area. Please respect social distancing and physically stay back 6 feet from the veterinarian and/or staff. If you are sick, please leave the horse in a stall with the proper horse identified and have the vet call you from the barn during or after the appointment, or reschedule for another day.
- In-clinic equine appointments – When you arrive at the clinic please stay in your vehicle and call 317-758-4865 to let us know that you are here. Someone will come out to you when the veterinarian is ready for your equine appointment.
Small Animal Appointments: we will no longer allow clients in the small animal clinic effective immediately, only pets will be allowed, in order to be able to serve patients as long as possible while protecting the health & safety of our staff. If our team is not healthy, we cannot serve the needs of our patients. Here is how that will work…
- In-clinic canine & feline appointments – When making an appointment you will be asked the following:
- To provide a method of payment over the phone (we have PCI compliant credit card software storage). We do this with every equine client already.
- You will be instructed to call us upon arrival in the parking lot (317)758-4865.
- A technician will meet you in the parking lot to obtain the pet to come inside for the scheduled procedures.
- The team will call your cell number from inside for discussion, questions or concerns.
- We will return the pet to your car, charge the card on file and email you a receipt.
- If you are ill or unable to visit the clinic yourself with your pet – remember we are offering Telemedicine consults for $50, which may or may not need a follow up recheck exam based upon the ailment. This requires a valid patient client relationship with the doctor, which means a physical in person exam has already occurred with this patient in a recent timeframe.
- Picking up medication/dropping off samples – Call ahead for anything that you need to pick up or drop off at the clinic. Payment can be made over the phone via credit card. The front door to the clinic will be locked but we can make transactions via the box outside or a representative will meet you at your car.
- Currently, if you are running low on medication, please submit a refill through our refill request form– https://www.jvc.vet/refill-request. This is the most efficient way to refill a script. It is currently advised to have 30 days of medication or food on hand. These can be shipped to your home or picked up via drive up.
- Refilling medications online – https://www.jvc.vet/refill-request
- JVC online pharmacy shopping for shipment to your home or barn – https://store.jvc.vet
- Home delivery of Pet Foods and other medications – https://janssenvetclinic.vetsfirstchoice.com/
- Pay your bill online – https://store.jvc.vet/product/payment
- Appointment request – https://jvc.vet/appointment-request
The CDC states that no animals in the United States have been diagnosed with COVID-19, adding that there is no evidence that dogs or other pets can contract or spread the disease. The main concern is human health.
We will keep you posted as the status changes on care we are allowed to provide. Please stay safe and follow all recommended CDC guidelines to keep yourself healthy!
Your Team at Janssen Veterinary Clinic